Sunday, October 24, 2010

Must Have Links - Finance & Otherwise

Quick post on my favorite information resources for both finance projects, casual reading, and time wasting. I plan to add to the list as I find more. I apologize in advance for the links not opening in a new tab.

Finance
Data for modeling
Current US Risk Free Rate WSJ
Canadian (Not as user friendly)  BoC
Rm & Rf data Global Damodaran
Excel Spreadsheets Pre-coded (Mid Quality) Damodaran & Matt Evans
Multi-Factor Pricing Data (Famma-French) Dr. French
Charts
Day Counter (Weekends included)
Coding help in excel (forum)

League Tables
Money Manager Rankings, IB Rankings, Check Bloomberg for:  Global FI , Global M&A, and Global Cap Markets Rankings.

Investment Data
Hedge Fund Performance CS, Barclay Hedge

Economics
Forecast reports BMO, Scotiabank, Euromonitor,
Forecast & Data BER, WEF
'Clean' Macro Data Site NBER
International Monetary Fund IMF

Options
Strategies (Academic) Numa
Pricing & Info on nominal exposure CME

Oil & Gas
Oil Price Forecasts IEA, EIA
Energy Ontario Specific

Agriculture
Commodity Forecasts USDA

Daily Reading
I recommend the WSJ, Bloomberg and The Economist.

Career 
Search CanadaCanada General, Vlaad
HSBC, Barclays, BMO, North Leaf, Credit Suisse, GS, Colonial, OMERS, Macquire, PIMCO, RBC, ScotiaCapital, TD Securities, UBS, Brookfield Power

i-Banking & Finance Blogs (for motivation)
The Leveraged Sell-out, Things i-bankers like, DealBreaker, SeekingAlpha, iBankCoin, GuyNance, Living The Dream, The All Nighter (Leads to many more good blogs)

MBA
General & GMAT, Canadian,
As for MSF best resource I've found so far MSF HQ

For Fun
Cartoons (get the igoogle app for real cartoons), More Cartoons, so I like cartoons... Also reddit.com and grooveshark.com

Moral Balancer's (you know you need it)

Ted Talks, New Left Media, Liberal Viewer,

More to come!

5 comments:

  1. Hey Good Sir,

    Do you think I could e-mail you a few questions to gain your insights? I'm a sophomore at a semi-target, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely, Please PM me on www.wallstreetoasis.com user name "lepto". Or post in the thread that linked this blog on the ibanking forum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great resources... i will recommend this to my friend he need this..

    NCA Partenaires

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great lists of links..it benefited me thanks!

    - Lanla

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the lists. .big help

    my profile: Dho Communications

    ReplyDelete