Monday, November 22, 2010

CFA level II so far

So I finished the FSA book a couple days ago, which marks about the 1/3 point through the curriculum and I have to say - The CFA II material is surprisingly interesting!

I remember level I being such a slog, and extremely picky in it's questions. After finishing accounting - my least favorite section in level I - I was impressed with how applicable everything was and I was also encouraged by the practice questions. The material is taught at a 4th year undergrad level, but the questions stay fairly theme based (as opposed to memorization or plug & chug) and don't try to trick you. Not to say I'm aceing everything, but on the first pass I'm usually scoring above 70, which as we know is the supposed floor. I think I will stick to just the curriculum till the new year and then I'll do my second pass and testing with Stalla for the easy stuff, and use both for the harder stuff.

As for pace I'm a bit behind schedule. I'm averaging 0.91 hours per day, and I need 1.1 to make my 250 hour goal, and I still need to thump several readings to take my big holiday push reading-per-day average below 1.5.

Visually the stats look like this:

 An hour evening investment feels about max right now with a full course load, but im hoping to do some 10 hour days over the break that should really lighten the load for the winter semester. Of course testing will really pick up come the spring semester, and I'll likely need more like 300-350hrs to feel 100% on everything.

For all the other studiers and December writers, best of luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment