Sunday, December 5, 2010

Aging through music.

After writing a punishing Sunday afternoon final I have been slipping between accounting studying for tomorrows exam, and severe procrastination. Seems like a perfect opportunity to make a relaxed post.

I am going to try to post the song that best represents what I was listening to from age 10 to now.

1997 - The Verve's Bittersweet Symphony  - Discovering how much I like classical pop fusion


1998 - Big Pun - I'm not a player - Here comes adolescence.


1999 - Pink Floyd - Another Brick in the Wall - Peer influenced I'm sure


2000 - Jurrasic 5 - Concrete School Yard - Finally find Hip Hop


2001 - Metallica - Fade To Black - Really learning to enjoy songs that crescendo


2002 - Iron Maiden - Number of the Beast - Here comes the football pump-up song era


2003 - Groove Armada - Easy - Here comes electronica!


2004 - Lemon Jelly - Homage to Patagonia - Finding instrumental DJ music is huge in Europe


2005 - Dr Dre - The Housewife - The peak of my misogynistic music collection


2006 - Samuel Barber - Adagio for Strings - Still my number 1 classical song


2007 - DJ Shadow - You can't go home again - Probably #1 favorite artist


2008 - Ada - Each and Everyone - Still a favorite


2009 - Weezer - Only in Dreams - Hit these guys a bit late


2010 - Bag Raiders - Shooting Star - And we are drifing back to indi/electronic

No comments:

Post a Comment